1. Asking for a candidate with 10 years experience with all professional qualifications yet wanting to pay N100k per month.
2. Failure to give you breakdown of your salary when given offer. You only know your salary is N5m per annum but you don’t know your take home or Basic, Housing and Transport
3. Hired you for a role but giving you more role to handle. Yet no pay rise
4. Stating that employees are not covered for HMO until after confirmation.
5. Extending your confirmation period without telling you the reason.
6. Failure to remit your pensions until after confirmation.
7. Deploying employees to locations without prior notice. We are not in the barrack.
8. If employee wants to leave, he should give notice but when employer wants to terminate notice are not given and not even payment in lieu in most cases. Also, you don’t know whether your basic in lieu was correct because you may not have the figure.
9. Termination of employment through text message
10. Use of unprofessional words on employees because the MD is a thin-god
11. Employees’ supervisors appraisal is the one that determines your score. If that’s the case why asking me to appraise myself?!
12. Employees get alert for salary payment but no alert of tax or pensions remittance.
13. Deducting from employees salary for late coming or other offences (as cost management measures).
14. Most employees don’t have next of kin and many company don’t care
15. Keeping same information about the employee for 10 years. Employee data verification should be annual business
16. Promoting staff verbally without a letter or written notice
17. Verbal warning has no evidence. So, stop that thing
Customer Service Skill certification – Apply Here
18. Asking that employees can’t take their leave at once. Where is it written?!
19. Blocking employee from access to the internet and soft ware as a notice of termination.
20. Asking employees to train themselves for the company to benefit.
21. Asking a married woman to work late into the night. If she’s your wife or mother will you do that?!
22. Adding employees to company’s WhatsApp or Facebook group without their permission.
Microsoft Office Masterclass this April – Details Here
23. Asking employee to put the name of the company on their social media page. Common, respect privacy.
24. Putting cctv camera everywhere without a notice for employees. Or even using hidden camera.
25. Punishing employees for sleeping on duty. Body no be fire wood na.
26. Some employers get angry when employees leave at 5pm, but are happy when you come in 6am and close 10pm. Even if you are just browsing on the internet doing nothing.
27. Hard Work is measured by how early you come and how late you close.
28. Failure to provide health insurance cover for employees.
29. Payment of salaries at a date later than 30 days interval. This is against the labour law.
30. Rejecting candidate because she’s pregnant. This can come under discrimination.
via Mrs Stella Amaechi on whatsapp